May 5, 2012

Margarita

In honor of Cinco de Mayo I chose the Margarita as this weeks cocktail.

First time I had one was 25 years ago at a Mexican restaurant in Seattle. I was overwhelmed both by the size of the thing and the taste.

When I got back to Denmark I had packets of sour mix with me and dazzled my friends with this exotic drink using the cheapest tequila I could find and topping the whole thing of with Seven Up.

Haven't had one since. Read a bit about the history of this cocktail - enjoyed David Wondrich's explanation the most and took my inspiration from the recipe in the PDT book.
  • 3 cl mezcal
  • 3 cl tequila
  • 2 cl orange curacao
  • 2 cl lime juice
  • 0,75 cl agave sirup
Shake everything with ice and serve in glass with a salt rim and a piece of citrus for a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment